The last demo release included a nasty bug in there which when playing with a manoeuvre check at the start of a turn meant flying creatures could not be moved. After being brought to my attention, I fixed it quickly and released only to find the fix caused AI computer player lockups and incomplete land based movement.
After looking at the original code and the fix I saw the silly mistake I made, and have now fixed the original bug in a new (and better) way. I’ve tested this and so far I can move the flying creatures ok, and I see no more AI lockups after testing through many full AI games (on a fast speed).
In fixing this, I also found a rare AI bug with the new engaged ‘rule’ which meant that occasionally a creature could attack another, fail to kill it, but still be engaged. This confused the AI totally as it knew it had moved and attacked, so kept trying to do something.. I also added another check for the Escape key in this movement loop just in case this happens again. But, so far I can’t find another AI lockup after testing the new fixes.
Next time I should test properly rather than trying to be helpful and fix too quickly. 🙂
The bug fixed version is available from the normal download link…